Thursday 25 July 2013

a good father and a good daughter!

 hai all...recently i met two people...it is about them...


recently a father and his daughter came to me...the girl was crying...obviously father is sad...

girl said 'Uncle!...my parents always told me that i should study well and get the college seat by merit. I did that. Now they are not allowing me to join the college i got for my merit, though it is a very good college!...they want to pay a hefty some to get a seat in another best college for me!...i don't like they spending such a huge sum and i don't like getting a college or course through money. I should get it through my merit. I could not get in that best college. It is ok. I am happy with this college where i got!'


father said 'She is my only daughter. She never asked me for anything in her life. Even during childhood, when we go to malls, she will pick up a toy, look at it for some time, and after seeing the price tag will leave it and move. She never picked up a toy or chocolate or any damn thing under the sky and said 'dad, i want this, please get it for me!'...I earn a lot of money and the car i use costs 15 lakhs. A metal if sold will not go even for 8 lakhs though it is just one year old. So, why not i spend some lakhs to get her the best college and course. She has done her best and got wonderful marks, college and seat. But the college where she wants to join in her heart wants more than what she has scored. During childhood we bought her the toy which ever she gazed or adored at for more time! so, what ever she adored, we got it for her. She has done her part in studies. Now it is our time and duty to do our bit towards meeting her inner happiness. So, i am telling her that we will pay and get that seat in that college which she refuses. As per me we should follow 'Ramayana' in normal life. But when it comes to winning at the last moment we should follow 'Mahabharatha'!...final winning is as important as following the correct path towards getting it...i have few hundreds of lakhs...so, 10 lakhs or 15 lakhs really does not make any difference...and that too for my only daughter...for her dream college and course!'

I did not know what to say, obviously tears gathered in my eyes looking at both...what a daughter...what a father!

the girl added 'uncle, though i am from the best school of tamil nadu and a topper, even my class first can not join that college through merit. So, all my classmates, relatives and friends will know that my father got that seat for me through payment and not by my merit. This will pain me'.

This added pain to me, and i was scratching my balls as to how to solve this problem. But during the talks she casually made a sentence 'if i do well in that college, then i will not feel guilty!'...this became my life saving thread and i knew that she will top in that course and college!...so, could change her mind in a pleasant manner and now she is happy being there! So, happy parents and happy daughter!...athuthaaney namakku vendiyathu!


bye...keep rocking...

rams

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My wishes for being the first one to comment on this blog tarun

      Delete
  2. thank you so much tarun for your encouraging words. This is the first comment ever on all my posts, though about 2000 reads have already happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir I like your blog very much and it is really great that u make reply to others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much priyanka for liking my blog, amidst the millions of websites, blogs, social networks and what not on the internet that give entertainment, skills, knowledge, social envelope etc. One needs interest, inclination to visit my blog, read them patiently (as each take about a minimum of 30 mts) and at the end, mood to type some comment. Unless a special interest is taken it is not possible. So, i take my time to type reply for those special people. Clapping is possible with two hands only, and not with just one!!...keep rocking!

      Delete