Sunday 26 July 2015

My first pair of shoes!

Hai all...

watched the movie 'kaakka muttai'...good movie...about two slum boys who get attracted to eat pizza, work hard, earn money, but unable to get it due to some reasons, and finally when they get a royal treatment to eat it, they realise they do not like it!!!...

it reminded me off my corporation school days with torn shirt and trouser when my mom gave 5 paise per day for 'kammar cut' toffee, which i saved, to buy a second hand shoe from a road side cobbler, with whom i had bargained it for 2 rupees (from 5 rupees) and requested him to keep it for me safely for 2 months (no 5 paise on school holidays!!), every day while going to school used to stop and watch it like a treasure, being safe and sound with him, one day bought it and wore it (without socks), felt like a king (you can imagine wearing an old shoe with half trouser!!)...and my friend who was an ITax officer's son was wearing a brand new North Star for 105/-. 

So, those days the fire under the belly was to cross him in life in wealth, education and fame...which has been achieved also. So, after joining MIT with the first stipend bought a new North Star which is still there...as a memory...31 years old!!...hmmmmmmmmm....

I am sure every one's life is like this only....all are Kaakkaa muttais only!!

peacefully yours....rams...

No comments:

Post a Comment