Saturday 15 August 2015

attitude of agrarian society people living in industrial society!!

Hai all...
other day one of my subordinate officers brought an employee to me. He said 'sir, this guy has not come for work for the past one month. Today he has come. He has opened my table drawer, taken the key of the almirah, taken the attendance register and put present for all days!!'
I looked at him. He has no guilt on his face. Asked him 'Is that right?'
He agreed at once without any hesitation!!
I asked him 'Is that correct?'
He said 'otherwise i will not get this month's salary!'
I said 'no way...you will be marked absent and no salary for you this month!!'
He got angry and started shouting 'How will then i feed my family? who will pay education fees for my children?..how will i pay back my loans?...how will i buy medicines for my parents???'.
I also nailed him saying 'then you should have come to work!!'
He got violent 'Then who will supervise my house construction?...I have taken big loan. If i am not there the masons will cheat me...will you supervise my house construction???'
i could see his hands trembling, lips vibrating and face red!!
I also gave back 'That is none of our business!...you have to look after your problems!!!...you have joined this job on your own, for your own needs, for earning which you have to come and work here!!'
He surprised me by shouting 'I was told i am given a job and every first of the month i will get my salary. It is my right!!...I will see to it that i get my salary!!...i know how to get it!!!'
I could make out that he is trying to scare me that he will go to his union or court!!
I also know that if i handle his disciplinary case it will only go worse as i may be considered by him and others as an alien from other state (other country!!)...so, i called the senior most superintendent of these employees and explained everything and asked him whether it is right. He accepted that he was wrong. So, the case was handed over to him and i know that he will make him understand, correct and the convict also will listen to him and change.
the moral of this incident is.....
1. In God's own country this is what the employees think...God's own people!!...anyway the thinking is not different in other parts of this country too...
2. they want jobs and not work.
3. they are interested in the salary and over time allowance and not meeting the ends of the organisation...
but there are few karma yogis too...because of whom this nation and government organisations are surviving!!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....thanks to the agrarian society predecessors who have left this thinking...

peacefully yours...rams...

No comments:

Post a Comment